CI873 Communications examples / Insights
What I am looking for is an understanding of the 800M programming side. I have built the CI873 in the hardware tree and assigned it Primary and Backup IP addresses (yes will be redundant). I have also created a couple of different devices I am trying to talk to Rockwell PowerFlex Drives and an AnyBus x-gateway. The hardware tree shows no errors but the CI873 Scanner Diagnostics only show the CPU load running at around 9% and nothing else.
I have created a program with a TCPClient and TCPServer function blocks out of the TCPCom Library and tried to fill this in but just get a -7202. I'm honestly not sure if I need to even use the TCPCom Library. I have done many Profibus and Modbus Serial configurations, but this is my first stab at Ethernet/IP .
Here are some specific questions:
1. Does Ethernet/IP require the use of the specific TCPCom Library like was required in Profibus or Modbus (MBConnect, MBRead etc.).
2. Do I have to configure as a client or server, if 1 is yes?
3. How do I determine the Port / IP address for a TCPClient / TCPServer FB. The IP is a string with the four octets of the device I am tiring to connect to? Is the port defined on the device I am connecting to or to the CI873 port? Is it a simple Integer defining the port of the card on the alien device?
4. If 1 above is no, can my logic directly connect to the IO configured on the device....APPVAR01.Value for example
5. Other than the device being assigned to the same position as the last octet of the IP address are there any other gottcha's I may be missing?
6 Is it required to define TCPProtocol in position 3 of the IP object shown in under the processor in the hardware tree? I found this somewhere and think it may have been for some other protocol.
I am running on a 5.1 FP4 Rev D system and CI873 Firmware Revision: FWCI873 5.1.2010.00 (CI873EthernetIPHWLib 2.0-10) on PM866 Controllers and CBM.
Code samples would be awesome, but I will take whatever I can get. I have spent way too much time on this already and haven't made progress. Thanks so much in advance!
You have to create your own hardware library similar to profibus, in Control Builder under Libraries - Hardware - MyHardwareLib - Hardware Types, run the wizard with the .eds file you get from your device vendor.
TCPCom Library is not related to CI873...
Also you can refer the Manual for CI873 - 9ARD000014-510_A_en_AC_800M_5.1_Ethernet_IP_DeviceNet_Configuration