Question about Modulebus termination and serial cable.
I have two questions regarding PM851K01:
1) For serial communication and downloading programs, can I use a regular DB9->RJ45 cable (that is used for Cisco and such...), or do I have to use the TK212?
2) If I want to only use PM851K01 for study purpose and without any modules on the modulebus, do I need the termination plug? (TB807)
I appreciate any help in advance :)
You can make your own TK212 by following the wiring diagrams in the AC800M hardware Manual. This may or may not be the same as a Cisco cable.
- The CPU will function without the TB807 in an "office" environment for test purposes
- The RCU terminator is required. The CPU may or may not run in an office environment
if you have a PMxxxK01 then you have a "Kit" which should contain both the Modulebus and RCU terminators.
1. Serial cable is needed only for firmware download and set of IP of the processor unit, connected to CN4 port.
In case you look in the manuals, you can find the pin-out of TK212 - that is a passive cable, just need to be sure for the right wiring.
Also, if you look in similar posts in AKS, you can find an alternative ways to load IP address trough Ethernet, without serial cable.
For downloading of the programs you can use ethernet port CN1.
2. TB807 and TB850 terminators are supplied with every CPU module, you don't need to order them separately.
The CPU will work without TB807, I have tried it.
Anyhow, as per legal requirements in the manuals, TB807 have to be inserted. at the end of each Modulebus cluster.