MB300 NETWORK UPGRADE FROM EXISTING THICK COAXIAL CABLE
existing configuration we have 3 control room location area having AC450 /MP200 controllers, distance between control rooms are Approx. 100 mtrs,
we are planning to use unmanaged ethernet switch, kindly suggest for the following question.
1) the ethernet switch make & model no,
2) how do we cascade the switches ( either with cross or straight cat6 cable) ?
3) how do change the settings to 10 mbps, half duplex ?
We did that in several plants.
The important parts for this change are:
- Switch model. If you use an old hub you won't have any problem. But, most of swtiches will create trouble. I can't recommend any actual model.
- Transceiver. It need to have the SQE function and enable it in the AC450 and MP200. I recommend the RJ45 transceiver from Backbox; some other manufacturers does not work.
The other element are not critical. It does not matter fiber optic or copper.
About cascade, most of switches do automatic sensing (MDI/MDI-X) and they work with common cables.
You don't need to worry about half duplex as MB300 protocol control the traffic.