Alarm Manager Service in 800xA 6.0
There was an unexpected restart of the primary server, since then the alarm manager service is not healthy. My primary server's service state is showing 'Undefined' whereas my secondary server's service state is in Initializing.
Help is appreciated. Please suggest what can be done.
There are many scenarios which may cause services undefined/initialized check the following:
1.Check RNRP monitors showing UP for nodes.
2.Check domain servers is functional
3.check "service account" is working functional
4.check firewall rules if used.
5.check whether the problem is in particular user OR all users, If particular user check for the membership of Industrial IT user rights
6.check for the master order of the xA nodes for services at least for AD,xref,FSD alarm manager (always Primary aspect server should be in up of the order).
7.check for the windows event logs for the clue.
shutdown secondary server and restart the primary server and see the status
refer the below threads:
The Alarm Manager (AM) uses Service-Service scenario (all providers in a group are in service state Service) thus enabling e.g. load balancing. If a restart in PriAS is affecting SecAS, then this is something that needs investigation. Check in System Event List for more info.
First of all I would suggest you to check if other services in Service Structure are down. If yes, resolve. If no, follow below procedure, (if you have an approval to do so):
1. Disable Alarm Manager Service Provider on AS1
2. Disable Alarm Manager Service Provider on AS2
3. Disable System Message Service Provider on AS1
4. Disable System Message Service Provider on AS2
5. Disable Soft Alarm Service Provider on AS1
6. Disable Soft Alarm Service Provider on AS2
7. Disable Event Collector Service at highest level
8. Wait for all Alarm Managers, System Message, Soft Alarms, and Event collector Service Providers to go to undefined state.
9. Enable Alarm Manager Service Provider on AS1, wait for it to come to service state
10. Enable Alarm Manager Service Provider on AS2, wait for it to come to service state
11. Enable System Message Service Provider on AS1, wait for it to come to service state
12. Enable System Message Service Provider on AS2, wait for it to come to service state
13. Enable Soft Alarm Service Provider on AS1, wait for it to come to service state
14. Enable Soft Alarm Service Provider on AS2, wait for it to come to service state
15. Enable Event Collector Service at highest level; wait for all Event Collector Service Providers to come to service or standby state.
If affinity is configured for Alarm Manager service then try removing it for time being.
If this doesn't help, try restarting the OPC AE Server for AC800M.
Try restarting PriAS and SecAS.
If the problem persists, share the dump and exception logs to your Regional Support Center, for further analysis.