Alarms are not able to acknowledged by faceplate or alarm list
-> First check what permission do you need to acknowledge an alarm from the 'Alarm and Event List' aspect category.
By default, you need Operate permission to acknowledge an alarm.
-> Go to one of the objects whose alarm you cannot acknowledge. Right click on the object and go to details -> permission. Does your current user have the right permission for acknowledging the alarm? By default, this would mean that your user should have Operate permission.
If you have an alarm list at the object level, you can also right click on the alarm list and check the permission. But please do note that if the alarm list is on a top object and NOT on the alarm owner itself, checking the permission of that alarm list will not give any relevant information as the special security definition (if any) on the alarm owner (bottom object) will take priority.
-> Check if you have sufficient user rights.
Usually this can happen if the Alarm Management Services are not properly synchronised. The problem is often worse if you are using PLC connect and a third party alarm server which does not support redundancy well.
- Check that the Alarm Collector Services are properly connected to the correct controllers and that there are no errors on one connectivity server of a pair.
- Restart the Alarm Collector Services to force them to refresh. ( This assumes that the AE server supports refresh )
- Restart the "Alarm Management" Services on the Aspect Servers.
- Check if the Alarms Are still valid or if they are just old.
- Delete any remaining old invalid alarms.