Panel builder 800
hi i was wondering if any one know how to connect the panel builder 800 to the OPC server created in the compact control builder software?
if anyone has done this before any help would be appriceated
I'm not a pro on the panel product, but unless rules have changed, MMS access variables is the primary choice when hooking up a Process Panel 800 with AC 800M. No OPC server required. Panel communicates directly with PLC (they need to be on same subnet, or a network route must exist).
1. Create variable in PLC (search CBM online help)
2. Subscribe to the IP address + access variable name in the panel project
1. In Control Bilder M create Access Variables under tab MMS:
2. In Process Builder, under Periferals, create Controller 1 as ABB Control Network:
3. Under Settings of Controller 1 (Properties after right click on Controller 1) add IP address of your AC800M Controller:
4. In Panel Builder -> View -> Name List, create list of tags with the names, same as defined in Access Variables in Control Builder M:
5. After that you can use variables, defined in Name List as visual properties in Panel Builder