I am working in a steel plant (Hot strip mill), we have 800xA which is connected to our PLC AC450 through MB300. this 800xA sometimes hang, it will hang on one page and you cant click anything, what could be the reason and solution. Also, we have AF100 twisted pair cables which is installed since commissioning (20 years), what could be the maintenance plan for it because we are planning to change all cables as one of them got damaged?
Voted best answer
Check [Workplace Structure]Web System Workplace:System Event List and Operator Message List for related events.
Use Windows Performance Monitor (perfmon.exe) to track afwworkplaceapplication.exe’s use of Virtual Bytes, GDI Objects and User Objects. A counter log will keep a continuous eye on those and record to disk for later review.
If virtual bytes exceed 1500 MB (32-bit OS) or 3000 MB on 64-bit OS, the problem is likely memory related.
Visual Basic is end of life and several fatal errors remain not corrected in Microsoft runtime libraries. See separate bulletin on ABB’s standpoint in this matter.
Do not hesitate to file a formal support case with your regional ABB support team to obtain official and professional support.
We experienced issues with PG2 graphics -
1. too many moving objects (conveyor graphics that rotate when the plant runs)
2. run the configuration wizard
- Hold down SHIFT and ALT keys and double-click DIAGNOSTICS option
- Remove/disable "Enable Dump on Exception"
- Click NEXT
Point 2 you need to do on every machine.
3. We currently experience an issue on SV5.1 with several Dell R710 with the onboard G200 graphics - the video card becomes unresponsive and is logged in the Events
Please go through the windows logs - as someone else already mentioned you need to try see what is going on at the time with RAM etc.