800xA AC800 and NTP Server in Office Network
All 800xA Servers and stations are connected to the control network, and two of them (Connectivity and IM Servers) ar connected to the office network too using a second ethernet card.
As the AC800M is the Clock Master, I want to reach the NTP server located in the Office network as I show in the diagram.
I tried some configurations using the RNRP service in the Connectivity server without success.
¿is possible to make this without make modifications to the 800xA Time Service?
Voted best answer
1. Make the CS default gateway for the controller (CPU parameter, can coexist with RNRP which should be left on)
2. Add static route in NTP server so that it know traffic destined for Control Network shall be routed to the CS’s office address. Or make CS default gateway for NTP server.
3. Make sure the CS know the NTP server (should be the case if they share same office subnet, or else add routej
4. If not already active, enable IP Forwarding parameter in CS RNRP Wizard. Reboot the CS to activate routing.
5. Make sure UDP port 123 is open in the CS firewall
Now try ping the controller from the NTP server.
If ping works, so should SNTP from controller to NTP server.
A static route is easily created in Microsoft Windows from an admin/elevated prompt (Control Network is 172.16.80.0/22 in this example):
C:\> route -p add 172.16.80.0 mask 255.255.252.0 office-IP-of-CS
See this URL for more info. The -p parameter makes change persistent across reboots. For added privacy, you can replace the net route with a host route for one controller only (172.16.80.151 mask 255.255.255.255).