TTD LOG For Master - Advacommand Version 1.8/2
Good morning , please could you support in the following?
customer has had problems with 3 OS stations version 1.8/2 advacommand , we have to install from crash
we have a tape with the adaption located at disk2/data/adaptions directory
I would like to know your opinion about two procedures:
- Install the 1.8/2 advacommand software from crash from tape, because the advant station got corrupted the system file.
- After finishing the installation and set up : set the network , node number , we have a tape with the information of adaption ,
- cd /disk2/data/adaption , tar –xv as root user
- Transfer libraries, graphics from one station which it is up and running to the just installed OS station.
- Install the graphics transferred to the station just installed
Regarding to TTD Logs, customer has installed an IMS but it is out of service.
We need to see the trend displays from each OS station and TTD log values, because these OS stations were configured some years ago, we need to run the procedure
- System Config Key > D8 Maintenance>D8 Log Data Base Config, it takes some time to show the nodes if it is necessary we add node just in case it is not showed, then we select the compute and verify the activation, if all the nodes are showed it would be ready to show the traces from trend display, or do we need to create Log database again or run the distLogDB script to send the information from the station( which it did not fail) to just installed OS Stations. The Os stations are connected all of them to the same control network Master bus 300 and ethernet , customer does not have any gateway.
2) If we have a station backup from each t OS station which they have the problems , we could do a restore config data after installing the node , and regarding to TTD LOGS we just could do ,
Press System Config Key > D8 Maintenance>D8 Log Data Base Config, it takes some time to show the nodes if it is necessary we would add node just in case it is not showed, then we select the compute and verify the activation, if all the nodes are showed it would be ready to show the traces from trend displays, Is it correct?
3) I would like to clarify the following , it is an example : if we would have installed two OS stations as1 , as2 connected to the same control network but different node numbers as follow and also Ethernet connection to allow to transfer display :
As1 one graphic TAG1, TAG2, TAG3 all of them analogs , controller2
As2 one graphic TAGS4, TAG5,TAG6 all of them analogs , controller 1
At the first time we would have to create the log database in as1 TAG1, TAG2, TAG3 ,TAGG4,TAG5,TAG6 all the tags and the procedure to make that TTD Logs work properly then we could distribute the logs created from as1 to as2 over Ethernet using the distLogDB script and it does not matter about the performance of the each OS station and the controllers 1,2 because the request of TTD LOG values only start when we open a trend display for this reason we could use the distLogDB , Or do we have to create in each OS station as1 and as2 log database for example from as1 TAG1, TAG2,TAG3 and the procedure for TTD Log and from as2 TAG4,TAG5,TAG6 and the preocedure for TTD Log.
Thanks for your support
Display Transfer is of course the official recommendation; you just need Ethernet connection. Then any OS can browse any other OS for displays, elements, etc. and fetch them.
There is also the ”Independent Restore” which support loading backup tape from other network/node and ”Interactive Restore” which allow to pick only certain files/folders off a tape.
TTD need Compute Database. An old OS might need to retranslate the ”dcTTDLog” objects if controller has been reloaded. Use the Object Reference Tool to a) list by type = dcTTDLog, then b) Delete them and finally try to compute the log database again.
Distribution should work just fine. In theory, the content of the $ALM_DATA folder need to be transferred, then restart dcALM process by kill (or wait 15 minutes for auto detect).OS has AdvaInform History option on CD/tape. It can be added after first install if you need long term trending but fail to restore the old IMS back to operation.I once created a source code generation tool which can easily and automatically generate history source code for easy bulk load of log configuration into AdvaInform History (IMS, AEH or OS). Only a Log Template is needed (create one log by the name ”PROTOTYPExxx” and dump it to source code with dbDump, then edit the source code and use ”search/replace” to match the prototype(s) and finally load it all back with dbLoad) . I can send you the tool if you send me a personal email (my ABB address is firstname.lastname@example.org).