IM server installation procedure
We have system 800xA Ver 5.1 FP4 with (2 redundant aspect server and 2 redundant connectivity server).Now we want to add one new node (Computer) as an IM server to the system.I have question,which softwares must be installed in IM server and if i want that to connect this node to the system,which item i must select(add client node or add server node or Add connectivity server).
Thanks a lot.
I cannot stress this enough ... RTFM : Read The ****** Manual :)
Installing an IM system is quite complex - But fortunately the IM Installation Wizard now guides you through the whole installation quite well. Read through the installation steps in the manual before you start the installation wizard so you know what to expect at each stage.
- Install all the 800xA base system options that you have on every client ( ie base system, AC800M, etc as if you were creating a new client ) onto the IM server.
- Install the IM server software into the IM Server using the wizard.
- Install the Client Components onto Each Client, again using the wizard
- Go back to the system config tool on the Aspect server and add any new system extensions.
- Add the server to the system. The IM Node type is Server.