Freelance2013 OPC Communication With Labview2017(OPC_FB_CLASS doesnot working)
We successfully integrated OPC tags from LabView2017 Version17(OPC Server) to Freelance2013(OPC Client). We have done the simulation by forcing value in LabView and same changes replicated in Digivis. Now our probelm is we need to assign the OPC tags in to faceplate.OPC_FB_CLASS we cant make it working after reads manuals. As we are in tight deadline it would be great if anyone provide the step by step configuration.
Thanks in Advance
Please follow the below instructions:
- System > OPC Item List
- Select the OPC Items to be integrated into Freelance.
- Create Tag Type > Provide a name in Tag Type
- Instantiate Tags.
- Assign a Variable
- Apply > OK
- Now in Projecxt Tree, you will find your tag type under OPC_FB-Lib.
- OPC_FB-Class > Insert Next LevelFaceplate FB-FPL > Provide a Name.
- Edit > FB-FPL and create you faceplate
- Example : To display alphanumeric Display
- Create an element of type "ab"
- Provide the Display Variable Name given as appearing in OPC_FB-Class object.
- Do the plausibilty check
- Save the project
- Enter into Commissioning Mode
- LOad whole the DigiVis station
- Open Freelance Operations
- Display > Faceplates
- Under Display Explorer (Right Side), Tags will start appearing with the faceplate.
If the standard procedure for OPC-TAG-TYPE creation does not work it is possible that You need to set up a proper OPC pattern. I'm not sure what pattern LabView uses, but You can set up ANY patttern using "Custom" setting in 'OPC Regular Patterns' window.
Go to OPC server object in Project Tree (OPC-S), open Header (double-click) and choose Configure Pattern button on the right side. This will open the 'OPC Regular Patterns' window - set proper Name Partitioning Pattern and save changes.
Then You can try using the standard procedure again.
Hope this helps,