With Freelance, how can I re-trigger trend FTP transfer?
we're using Freelance v9.1. I'll state my problem in a few steps:
- In Control Builder F, we have several trends configured in one Digivis station.
- Recently, I set up incremental data transfer by FTP (starting on last monday, repeat every seven days) for one group of trends ("group A"). After loading the changes, FTP transfer failed (due to a typing error in the IP address); Digivis showed a system message concerning this.
- After this, I set up a different group of trends ("group B") for FTP transfer with the same settings and the typo corrected. After loading the changes, transfer started immediately and the files showed up on the FTP server.
- I tried changing multiple settings in trend group A trying to start the transfer, to no avail. Also, restarting DigiVis didn't help.
Is there a way to re-trigger FTP transfer after it failed once?
Voted best answer
As I don't know full configuration of Your trend groups, I'm not sure if I'm correct, but it is possible that with this configuration trends will get transfered after correction of IP adress, but it will occure next monday.
My reasoning: You configured the trend transfer to activate once per week. As group A activated on Monday (and failed the transfer), it will not activate untill next transfer cycle (7 days since last monday, so next monday). It doesn't matter that the transfer failed as long as Freelance remembers it did try to connect this week.
You can try to:
1) change configuration so that it will start on a different day (today?) or repeat more often (every three days?). If that helps (and trend file gets retransmited), You may then change the transfer repeat rate back to Monday every week.
2) delete the trend display and reimplement it (I don't recomend this, but this is still an option)