800xA SignalInReal alarm time delay
I am using a SignalInReal function block which has the HH, H & L alarms enabled. I would like to add a 10s delay to the L alarm only. It appears the filter time applies to all alarms. Is there a way to do this? Thank you.
Voted best answer
Simple answer ... No.
Longer answer .... Anything is possible with enough time and money. In this case its going to be a lot of your time.
Firstly, consider whether you REALLY need this or if this is actually a process problem you are trying to work around ( eg a noisy flow transmitter at low flows ). Why cant you use a 10 second delay at high Alarm limits for example ?
If you want to do this for every signal, Basically the answer is going to be to disable all of the alarm settings in the SignalInReal function block and write your own "wrapper" logic to replace the alarm handling.
- Create a new Function Block
- Put the SignalInReal inside your function block
- Create a Name for the SignalInReal that is "YourFunctionBlockTagName" + extension
- Configure the SignalInReal alarm handling so that it is allways off
- Write your own alarm handling inside your function block and generate alarms for "YourFunctionBlockTagName"
- Go Back to 800xA and build display Elements for your FunctionBlock that open up the faceplate of the child SignalInReal
So the longer answer is that yes, you can do this kind of thing by using a "wrapper" but be prepared for the work involved.
If this is a one-off request for a single signal then you can make a simple one off solution without a wrapper. Disable the alarm handling in your one SignalInReal and write the Alrm and Event Handling just for that signal. The Event FBs' Name parameter is the name of the SignalInReal that you want to generate an alarm for.