what are its other special qualities which makes it different and best.(AC500)
i mean i would like to know more features of AC500 so that i can share it with my purchase department they are opting for siemens or allen bradley,
but i want to suggest them an ABB AC500 help me with some good points which makes it different and best
I could give your accounts department 100 technical reasons why the AC500 is a great little PLC. And you probably could too if you spent a few hours engineering it. But they probably dont want to hear them. The best reason you can give your accounts department is ...
So you need to consider things like
- Do you already have Siemens or Allen Bradley on your site/equipment ?
- Who will be doing the programming ? How expensive are those people ?
- What is the cost of upskilling your people into the AC500 compared to other products ?
- How much will Allen Bradley charge you for the Programming Software ?
- Who will hold spares for you ?
- Who will change the PLC at 3 am when it fails ? (The AC500 is very reliable, but everything in this world breaks eventually)
- Do things like these make the AC500 more or less expensive for you ?
My own experience has been that our Local ABB organization stocks these parts on the shelf, they are cheap and they are easy to get hold of, programming is simple and the product line is VERY cost effective compared to the vendors you mentioned.
Thank you a lot for your approach/initiative, I am sure that AC500 has benefits. One of them is also AKS platform to support any user/customer.
I would like to ask you for providing your company details and mail to my e-mail radomir.pistek(at)cz.abb.com (please add also short note it is about your topic on AKS). I discussed about it with my colleagues and they promise to provide you info regarding this area and necessary additional support in case of necessary..