During Freelance 2013 SP1 installation, System crashes everytime.
I am trying to install Freelance 2013 SP1 on Z230 system with Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit system but everytime I try to install freelance, the system crashes with a bluescreen error as attached herewith. I tried re-installing the OS but problem still persists.
I have also tried to change the hard disk partition type from GPT type to MBR type but the problem keeps cropping out again and again.
Please provide some resolution..!!!
Voted best answer
I also faced the same problem in one of my Project. Nothing wrong with your Freelance 2013 SW package. This is the problem with z230 Machine. I contacted HP, they send the latest Bios setting, then it was working
You can update the BIOS through "sp69965.exe" from HP website and try , it will work. or contact your HP machine supplier for latest Bios settings.
Just check once PC specification in freelance getting started manual for F2013 installation ( document number 3BDD012560R0701). I think it will match but better double check. I don't see any field alert or technical bulletine in solutions bank hence seems it is not common problem.
Only suspect (i) is any other software installed on that PC ? (ii) might be this partition thing causing issue, what if you do not partition harddisk and try to install ?
another issue may be source if installation package, from where you get that ? try to install from CD comes from factory or get it download from solutions bank. May be you can check installation package by installing in your laptop. Anyhow it gets downloaded in 5 min so you can confirm that source of installation package is not an issue.
Some questions and suggestions.
At which point of the installation does your PC crash? The setup tells you what it is installing currently.
What type of installation are you doing?
a) Demo?, b) Production?
i) Engineering?, ii) Operations?, iii) Combined?, ....vi) Custom?
Try to boot into the safe mode:To start your computer in safe mode
1. Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer.Click the Start button , click the arrow next to the Shut Down button , and then click Restart.
2. Do one of the following:
- If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you'll need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.
- If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to start in safe mode, and then press F8.
3. On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the safe mode option you want. You might want to use the "Safe Mode" or "Safe Mode with Networking", and then press Enter.
4. Log on to your computer with a user account that has administrator rights.
When your computer is in safe mode, you'll see the words Safe Mode in the corners of your screen. To exit safe mode, restart your computer and let Windows start normally.
Try installing Freelance, while in Safe mode.