In one of our porject with
We need to send data to 3rd party using ABBafwOPCDASurrogate,
we have checked using Matricon in third party client machine uisng dcom settings but it says location is no longer valid
then we tried using "advdsopcclient" in connectivity server but couldnt able to browse /additems.
As of now our plant is in startup mode,
Urjent reply is most useful.
1. Connect the Remote OPC server to 800xA Control network.
2. The "Username" on the Remote OPC sever need to be configured on 800xa workgroup or on domain.
3. The Remote OPC server should look for "Afw DS Opc Surrogate" services which provides the data.
4. Once the Remote OPC server connected to the OPC surrogate server, then you need to provide the actual path on the "control network" to browse the data.
Please refer "3BDS011222R5021_Sys_Config" page 393 for additional information.
You can also find an application "AdvDSOPCClient.exe" from "c:\Program Files\ABB Industrial IT\Operate IT\Process Portal A\bin",which helps you to browse the availabe OPC servers on the network
Hope it helps you.
Follow the Config Guide to the letter and it should work. Read it thoroughly.
Surrogate need to run under a proper user identity:
1) Create in domain/workgroup
2) Add to 800xA as user (Everyone group gives read on all objects but no write)
3) Use DCOMCNFG.EXE to set the above account as "This user" on the surrogate
4) Verify access with a test client, eg advdsopcclient.exe part of the 800xA Base installation.
Browsing can be blocked if alarm or event list on object to be browsed lacks configuration. At least one system extension has/had this flaw. Search release notes for identification - easy to fix; just configure the non-configured list and problem should be gone.
For DCOM to work properly you ensure the following:
1.Users with passwords should be same in both the machines(3rd party client & OPC server).
2.You should add this user in launch & activation permission in OPC enum & surrogate OPC so that you can able to browse.
3. Give the same as the identity instead giving as launching user.
4.Give access to Anonymous logon.