How to restore full backup in CHMI5.1?
Voted best answer
However , it goes simply OK
But, you can make sure of some things:
1. Have you checked the Backup taken, was having no Errors/Warnings? (it must not have.)
2. If possible try to keep the New system to have Same configuration,as previous PC.(windows version,etc)
3. Take care of Firewall, they should be Off/Disabled.
4. Further, can you share what is the Error message shown ,when you are having problem ? As you have mentioned you are haviing problem.
(For your New Sysetm)
1) Open "Configurtaion Wizard".
2) Go in ""System Administration" > "Next"
3) There should be Empty there, i.e. No system should be present there.
4) If there is showing any System(it may be a Default system there), then you have to Delete it. Only then Restoration will occur.
5) For deleting that, procedure is : Select that System , > "Next".
6) Select "Systems"(showing Start/Stop,Delete in description). > "Next"
7) Select "Stop". It will take take you to Next screen asking you that "XYZ system will be stopped"
8) Select "Finish". It will take a little amount of time,and will show you that it has been Stopped.
9) Now you proceed again in same manner, and Now go for "Delete" ( Like in Step7)
10) At last , when you have successfully deleted existing system . Go for Restore in this manner :
A) Go in your Configuration Wizard, Select "Restore System" > "Next"
B) "Select Path" - give path where your Backup has been placed( better copy first in your "C:/ BACKUP".
C) After selecting, just finish steps simply till end,and "Finish".
It should get Done.
Best of Luck !!
As such there is no difference between 800xA System restore and Compact HMI restore.. Both follows the same procedure.. Only when you do restore with Compact HMI, you have to login as Sysadmin user. Rest all steps are same.
Please refer the document
Compact HMI Getting started Guide..
3BSE040587-510 D .. page No. 138