Hi all, somebody knows a procedure to 800xA V5.0 migration to V6.0?
Control Center 1: original upgrade of Mod300 to 800xA 5.0, graphic displays made in PG2.
Control Center 2: 800xA 5.0, graphic displays prepared in VB.
In order to explain to the client, it is necessary to know if there is an upgrade procedure from version 5.0 to version 6.0?
Please refer to following manual for upgrade from 5.0SP2 to 6.0.
System 800xA 5.0 SP2 to 6.0 Upgrade (2PAA111695-600)
To have all VB Graphics converted to PG2, you need at least System 800xA 5.0 SP2
And also see this imp AKS threads (lesson learned while upgrading 800xa 5.0 SP2 system to 800xa 6.0)
The v6 automated installer perform best when ”green fielding”
Today, many projects select a slightly different upgrade path to v6.
1) Prepare (eg migrate to PG2, perform consistency check, etc)
3) Restore in temporary single node v6 system
4) Perform post upgrade procedures
5) Install & Deploy new empty ”green field” v6 system on new hardware
6) Use Export/Import to transfer the applications from the temporary system