HArt instrument via AI815
Is it possible with Control Builder F (freelance), to read more than one variable from one HART instrument (2700 micro motion flow meter) connected in one Ai815 analog input channel and use these variables in one program and show this information in Digivis?
for now is it possible only to read one analog variable that is connected as 4-20 mA current input.
I have DTM software, but it just permmits to see all parameters in Control builder.
is there any way to see these infromation in digivis.
Voted best answer
As You can see there are many answers to Your questions and most of the above is true. Let me recap:
1. Freelance can read secondary HART variables, but to read them cyclically it needs fully HART-enabled IOs, like S900 or S950e.
2. AI815 is a part of S800 IO family, which does not support HART secondary variables in cyclic communication. They can be viewed, for example with DTMs, but can't be used in logic.
3. DTM permits to see all variables, but to use DTMs in DigiVis You need to open Extended Diagnostic View. Enable "Extended diagnostics" on one of your Operator Stations (see D-OS resource Header > "Extended diagnostic" checkbox). Then open DigiVis, go to "System display" and choose "Operate" menu > "Enter diagnostic mode..." This should extend Your "System display" functionality with FF function blocks and Profibus DTMs. Remember that access to Extended Diagnostics should be protected with password or only avaliable for selected users (if You have Security Lock).
4. Extended Diagnostic doesn't need any additional licencing from Freelance version 2013 up.
5. Remember that even if You use HART secondary variables in Your logic it will be refreshed with HART read cycle, which is much slower then any other communication type.
Hope this helps,
I see two questions in description,
1st, Is it possible to get more then one variable/value from hart device over AI815.
Ans, No you might get Primary value PV, to get full hart support or more then one value you need to use S900 I/O's
Check more details in following link,
2nd, Is it possible to see device DTM in digivis ?
Ans, Yes it is possible to see device DTM in digivis via diagnostic mode, follow associated app here.