Can I do calculations in Smart Client 2.2
I have one flow of steam to one production unit and another flow to a second production unit and I am interested in the sum of those two flows and would like to see it in real time.
Is this possible to do in Smart Client?
If so, will the calculated value be logged?
I know that my system admin can create a new object (we have a license for calculations), but I would like to skip that step and do it my self if possible.
I do not have any rights as admin, just a user.
Voted best answer
Steps to be followed:
1. Drag & Drop a Numeric Value control from Control Tool box.
2. Open the Property Browser from the top menu.
3. Now right click on the Numeric Value control and choose "Composite Properties"
4. You will be presented with the screen shown as above.
5. Select "Value Query" from the left side list and "Custom Script" from the combo box in the right hand side.
Note: When we are chaging the combo "select type", it will prompt a message box "change of the query script will cause all data entered to be lost". Select Yes.
6. Drag & Drop a property from Property Browser to the area "Configure parameter by dropping here".
7. It will pop-up a dialog box with the Input name as "In1". By default OPCDA will be selected. Click on OK.
8. Repeat the steps 6 & 7 to drop another parameter.
9. It will be taking that as "In2".
10. Now write the script in the text box "Script Template" as out=in1+in2;
Please check the screenshot.
11. Click on Apply and say OK.
12. Now you can see the value updating with the function Sum().
2PAA106886-510 D pages 110 onwards.
You can also use this link to open the document