Getting error in opening Extended faceplate and loop FCM
I am using 5.1 Rev D FP4 RU1 with adva build 3.7 with MOD e-DCN.
with below configuration:-
Redundant Aspect server, redundant connectivity server with MOD connect and a non redundant IM server.
While Opening a Extended faceplate and loop FCM i m getting a error "No connection to the server".
Checked the control network status in MOD engineering station it is ok.
And disabled the RSS in network adaptor in all the servers and restarted the server.
after that i problem got solved for 1 day but after once again it appears.
Some times the it will open with single connectivity sever connection like CS-P else with the CS-R.
During this i observed the same in connectivity server, if we open loop FCM in connectivity primary, connectivity primary will show healthy and connectivity secondary shows bad and vice versa.
So is there is any solution for this kindly guide me.
Are any diagnostic events output to the [Workplace Structure]Web System Workplace:System Event List?
If RNRP status for any of the involved server or client nodes is down or is flickering (up/down) without explanation there is a network problem that you must locate & solve.
Does the OPC DA Connector service remain in service state during an outage or not?
If not, concentrate your efforts on the connection with the control network.
I believe the problem to be positioned closer to the control or client/server networks as I see no logical explanation to the described behaviour in the Plant Explorer, etc.
Don't hesitate to engage your regional ABB support center!
I have seen similar problems on older MOD300 systems using 800xA where the MOD controllers and DCN ring were basically overloaded.
Is this a new 800xA system ?
Is this a new problem ?
What model controllers are you using ?
How many connectivity servers ?
How many Loops ?
How many clients and how complex are the graphics ? ( Ie how many subscriptions over the DCN ring. )
What sort of error messages are you getting ?
Since we upgraded the system from UNIX based system to system 800xA 5.1 Rev D FP4 with RU1 and MOD ES with version Adva build 3.7 with e-DCN.
Getting an error “Fail to connect to all servers”.
1. Redundant Domain/Aspect server.
2. Redundant connectivity Servers with MOD connect with e-DCN.
3. Single IM server.
4. MOD ES with version 3.7.
1. While opening an extended faceplate and loop FCM getting an error like “Fail to connect to all servers”.
2. Checked the controller status and configuration of system 800xA found ok.
3. Checked the RNRP error found ok.
4. Checked the system alarm found ok. (No system alarm / MOD diagnostic error will generate).
5. But the error will clear after restarting the connectivity sever one by one for up to 12 to 13 hrs.
6. Checked the windows Application events in both the connectivity severs found error. (Error source is side by side). The same screen shot has been attached.
obseverd the servervces and RNRP also found ok.
SideBySide errors mean there is a problem with the Microsoft dependant assembly files -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Side-by-... - but basically, this usually means that something didnt install properly or somebody messed with the installed software and broke something.
This may or may not be the cause of your problem. However,
My experience is that 800xA seems to be much more demanding on the controllers than either the old multibus consoles or Unix operator stations. Some things you should check ...
- Do you have enough connectivity servers for the number of controllers in your system ? Even on a relatively small MOD300 DCS you may need more than one pair of connectivity servers. Check your configuration limits carefully.
- Is all of your e-DCN hardware working properly ? On a heavily loaded system it is possible that one ring cannot carry all of the required traffic which means that both rings must be working properly. I have seen a site where one failed D/F out of a redundant pair caused all sorts of communication problems because the DCN ring was overloaded.
Again, it is hard to give an answer as to what may be wrong on your system based on the information you give. You should certainly try to resolve the SideBySide errors and contact ABB Supportline and register a case with them.