Maintenance backup stopped since AfwBackup process missing
When i try to take a maintenance backup of the 800xA system, it comes with the error massage: "Backup stopped since Afwbackup process missing. Start new backup".
The backups have been taken every day the last few month without problems, and then suttenly this error massage showed up, when the system tried to take a backup today.
There have been some changes in the system every day, but nothing that should have influence on the backup process.
I know this is not much information, but do anybody know or have tried this problem, and therefore have an answer?
Voted best answer
I suggest that you should contact your regional ABB support center to have them to assist you.
- Does anything become written to the backup log file?
- Is computer resources marginal (memory, page file, CPU, handles, free disk space, etc)?
- Have you run a Consistency Check lately (its recommended before backup)?
- Does "afwsct.exe" return OK on all structures or does it complain?
- Does any file matching \OperateITTemp\Log\Exception*.* become updated when you attempt to backup?