Connecting client to already running system
I have to a connect client node to a 800xA v5.1 revC already running system that will be used as a server for the remote users (they will only have the possibility to supervise the process).
Now, as I see it, I have to do the following steps with that client:
1. Install the same 800xA version as one installed on already running servers with the same extensions and the same users/groups/network configuration.
2. Simply connect a client to a running system through the configuration wizzard.
Now, the question is how can I find out data that will tell me how to configure the client during ABB installation. Are the informations provided by setup packages of already installed computers enough?
Adding 800xA Client
Before adding any node, make sure that the node to be added has all required software installed. It must also have the same versions of system extension software installed as the Aspect Server.
This procedure is required for all workplace client nodes including Operator Workplace Clients, Engineering Workplace Clients, IM Client Toolkit nodes, Batch Clients, and AO Clients.
To add a client follow the steps:
1. Start the Configuration Wizard on the Primary Aspect Server.
2. Select System Administration and click Next.
3. Select the system and click Next.
4. Select Nodes and click Next.
5. Select Add Client and click Next.
6. The Add Client Node dialog box appears. Select the node from the drop-down list box and click Next.
7. In the next dialog box, click Finish.
This information you can find in the System 800xa post installation Manual
There are 2 ways to install a node in a running system:
1. by creating new setup package using the same information which you have mentioned in the already running system and use the setup package for the required node only. (say client1 is planned as extra node from the previous package, then deploy only the Client1 package).
Note: important is everything like user names, system name, node names shall be the same as used in previous package.
2. installing the node manually using Manual installation document.
If using way 1, installer will guide you through the post installation.
If using way 2, refer Manual Installation document provided in CD1.
If you can find identical hardware to any of the two first clients, using some drive imaging software to clone one of the first clients could be a fast option. Just remember to change hostname, IP and rejoin the domain before adding it to the system.
Otherwise, install the new client with identical software as the first, join domain and add as new client. I suggest to use eg. DCT software compare tool to ensure software versions to be identical.
The Manual Installation users guide contain more help.