CHANGING PM864 TO PM866
This is my new project using ABB DCS/PLC and in this project i need to change a PM864 CPU to PM866 redundant. This PM864 has 10 S800 remote I/O via CI840 Profibus and each S800 has 7 I/O slots (2 DI814, 2 DO820, 2 DO821 and 1 AI810). We need to add 2 S800 remote I/O:
First one needs 1 AI810, 4 DI814 and 10 DO810
Second one needs 6 AI810, 9 DI814 and 3 DO810.
My questions are:
1-Will my new PM866 able to control all this remotes? What about firmware and software compatibility to program this new CPU?
2-Will these remotes work with this quantity of slots? How many slots can we insert in one S800 remote?
3-Has anyone ABB ordering code for each hardware described above (PM866, CI840, DI, DO, AI slots)? If someone knows these codes, please send me.
4-Could anyone send me hardware catalog of each hardware described above?
Thanks in advance.
From your question I can see you are not familiar wit AC800M Controllers !
It is better to ask a person, familar with the system for this issue.
From a limited information provided, I can send following basic information:
1. PM864 can be replaced with PM866, no problem, no need to change application.
In case you have 10 remote S800IO stations (each one with 7 modules), connected by means of redundant Profibus line, then:
1.1. Max. Profibus stations in the Profibus line = 99
1.2. Each station can accomodate:
- max. 24 I/O modules as total (or 12 redundant pairs):
- max 12 I/O modules to base cluster (or 6 redundant pairs)
- another up to 7 clusters with max. 12 I/O modules (or 6 redundant pairs)
For your particular case - no problem. You can add 2 stations, first one with 15 modules (base cluster = 12 + optical cluster = 3), second one with 18 modules (base cluster = 12 + optical cluster = 6). Other variants are also possible.
2. See item 1
3. Please check ABB system manuals - everything is described well there
4. Find this at abb site, it is very easy
Here attached is a number of document with general data for items, that you are looking for:
Ordering codes depend on many things:
- redundant CPU or not
- redundant I/O's or not
- 800xA or Compact (essential automation)
- you may need a software licenses also tohether with a hardware