Creating HWD Device with EDS for LR33ER
I want to communicate a compactlogix L33ER with a communication module CI873 Ethernet, I have already communicated a compactlogix L30ER, but when I use the device import wizard to create the hardware type of the L33ER the ProduceTag parameter is not created, the L30ER does have this parameter. How can I do to generate this parameter?
Thanks for your help
During the device import wizard there is a step (EDS file import - I/O Settings) where you must define the number of symbolic links that will be passed between the CI873 and the L33ER device.
To configure the ProduceTag (first one in tree by default, named "Receive Data From" on my system):
1. Click on link "Receive Data From".
2. Determine the type and amount of data that will be passed FROM the L33ER device.
> Example: 24 Real would be 24 * 4 bytes / real = 96 bytes
> Standard rule Byte Mapping
> EDSByte = 4 Byte to 1 Real + Swap (Swap must be determined by you)
3. Click Apply.
4. Continue configuration, ProduceTag should be in device now.
To configure additional ProduceTag (limit 3 symbolic tags, up to 500 bytes / tag):
1. Right click on the top level device on "EDS file import - I/O Settings" page.
2. Select New Symbolic Link.
Source: configured other devices