Slow response of visual data on mimic.
I am encountering a bit slow responce by the system when we are trying switching between graphic pages or when opening any popup on the same mimic or on opening any faceplates. System details are as below,
800xA V4.1 running with anti virus Mcafe 8.8 standard installation through ABB recommended procedure.
Please let me know about the parameters which need to check and any thing which can be address to resolve this ovar all system slow response problem.
Looking for the community support and help!
Thanking you in advance,
Voted best answer
Prior to version 5.1 the computer name to IP-address resolution in System 800xA depended on Microsoft DNS (with exception for systems running Windows for Workgroups). So please check that your DNS configuration is good. "nslookup nodename" shall be able to quickly and without warning resolve any node in the system.
Otherwise, slow display exchange can have many causes; I will list a few here below:
- Wrapper aspects of any kind
- GDI and UserObjects heavy graphics (measure with Task Manager, stay below 2000 per display)
- Incorrect subscriptions (check for failed items with Diagnostic window)
- Complex graphic (copy a slow display and strip it piece by piece)
- Large configurations (stay well below 1500 MB virtual bytes measured with perfmon.exe)
- Poor network bandwidth (copy a 100+ MB file back AND forth to AS1, AS2, CS1, etc expect at least 5 to 10 MB/s transfer rate in both directions)
- Incorrect configuration of anti virus (compare performance with protection disabled)
- Lack of CPU power (the faster CPU the faster callup times, stay above 2 GHz, preferably over 3 GHz)
- Runtime resizing in VB6 (for optimum performance; always design graphics in 1:1 ratio, no resizing!)
- VB6 Displays deployed for another screen resolution than the operator workplace's. Use Size Display (the the Special object in the Graphics Structure) to measure X and Y resolution of the actual Operator Workplace (hint; just type "Special" in quick find tool and the size display will be shown. Note down X and Y pixels. Edit a slow display and verify that Height and Width corresponds to X and Y. A tiny pixel difference WILL have a BIG impact on performance)
Please contact your regional ABB support center for help if you are unable to resolve this yourself.