800xA Licance Usage
I want to see how licance is used. But when opened the licance usage I don't see anything. What can I do to see licance usage?
Voted best answer
Try the License Assignment Editor (a web page URL found in the CLS server - but the same URL can be used from any node / Internet Explorer in the system). Press the Diagnostics button at the bottom to see where licenses have been granted (in fact you see the node name as well).
The 800xA licensing system is based on HTTP communication; a malfunctioning License Usage aspect could depend on:
- A non operational ABB Client License service (check that the service is in running state and check the local License Status tool for error codes)
- A bad proxy setting (sending the HTTP transfer to a proxy outside the system) - always bypass the proxy for local intranet addresses (refer to Internet Settings in IE)
- A non operational CLS server (and in turn a non operational Internet Information Services)
- Damaged installation of ABB Central Licensing software (you may try to remove and reinstall it)
- A firewall blocking HTTP traffic from client to CLS
This is strange, the aspect should work as you expect. Try to add this aspect again, maybe some internal connection is broken. (New aspect -> list presentation->Lic usage->create) It don't matter if you have it twice or you remove the old one. Is your license status viewer ok?