add a new node in a 800xA 6.03 system
i have a system with 6.03, and i whant to add a new node , but i only have a 800xa 6.0 system and the 6.03 rollup to be installed.
but when i traid to add it to the system console, it told me that it was invalid, cuz it was deployed in another system, and thats its because the only way to install de roll up 6.03 i need a runing system....
and i cant add it to the 6.0.3 before the rollup cuz is not the same version.
so my question is , how can i do it?
Voted best answer
your problem is probably not that the new node has another version than the system.
The problem is more likely that you have been used the node before in another system, then the System Console consider the node as "dirty" and you cannot install.
To "clean" your node to be added in your system, if it has been used before as xA node:
- Remove all xA software.
- Verify that it is no xA software under Program Files, Program Data.
- Remove the AgentInstall and FileTransferInstall from the Installing user under Users.
- Remove OperateITData, OperateITTemp folders.
- Remove keys in Registry: ABB under Wow6432Node in HKLM, and ABB under Software in HKCU, and for all other users having ABB, SystemInstaller.
- Remove the firewall definitions xA created, and there are many...
Of course everything above can be skipped if you reinstall Windows....
Then you can probably run Node Prep....
Good luck !
Sin otro particular,
Not sure about the problem you have.
Be sure to Node Prep the new node using the highest possible media folder (the 6.0.3 rollup folder). Since that is a ”partial media” only, Node Prep tool will display a red square and refuse until you have pointed it to a media that contains the entire software depot - depending on options loaded, you may have to compose this ”super media” yourself via regular copy & paste. When all softwares are made available, Node Prep will proceed and you should be allowed to add the new node to the system.
1. To add a New node to 6.0.3 System, the Node should be new. We cannot add a 6.0 deployed node to 6.0.3 System. So if that is so, plz revert the node and make it as a fresh node. Then run NPT from the same media where you had deployed the 6.0.3 system earlier. Deploy this new node.Then you can again update both the nodes with the roll-up as an Update.
2. Or update the existing 6.0.3 System with the roll-up. Then revert the 6.0 node and make it as a fresh node.Then run NPT from the same media where you had deployed the 6.0.3 system earlier. But remember to provide the roll-up as an additional media while running the 6.0.3 NPT. Then deploy this new node.