How Do I add a GSD file to my system
I have a GSD file containing some Hardware informatin, How do I install this file in my hardware lib in my system?
Voted best answer
I have worked on Control Builder of 800xA. ( thus I am assuming you are same modules and software as in below explaination)
Hope it may help you..
Follow in this manner:
1) Open your project in Control Builder
2) Expand your "Libraries" & Reach at "Hardware"
3) Rt. click and select "Insert New Library"
4) Give a name to new library. ( let say TEST)
5) Expand TEST and Rt click on Hardware Types.
6) Select "Insert/replace hardware types".
7) Now, search the location where your GSD file is located.
8) Make sure that you have changed FILE TYPE as " .gsd " . This file type change is done at right side bottom portion , near where you select your "OPEN/ CANCEL".
9) Select your that GSD file now, and this will successfully insert your GSD file.
10) Now you can see there, your DRIVE, and its correcponding hardware files.
11) Enter now in your Hardware tree, and if working on CI854 , then insert the drive modules inside it.
12) Also, you need to make export settings in gsd files now, that much IO's you need to map like 8 or 10 or 16 etc.
Best of luck !!