800xA Log storage capacity? Any Reference document?
Can any one tell me the log storage capacity of 800xA? It will be helpfull if any reference document is provided.
Hi. Yes you can. However there are many variables which effect how much "space" is needed to be collected. Other considerations is the use of 800XA CS logs vs IM based Oracle.
From the referenced manual (page 247) you get:
Property log entries can be stored in Oracle tables or in files maintained by History [Service].
File storage is faster and uses less disk space than Oracle storage. Whether entries
are stored in Oracle tables or in files maintained by History is determined by the
STORAGE_TYPE log attribute:
• TYPE5 (default) - file storage variable size based on the collected data type.
• ORACLE - storage in Oracle tables @ 100 bytes per entry.
• TYPE1 - file storage with full status information @ 24 bytes per entry.
• TYPE2 - file storage with partial status information @ 4 bytes per entry.
• TYPE3 - File storage, 8 bytes per entry. Identical to TYPE2, except that an
additional 4 bytes are required per entry for precision time stamps.