Problem faced with Alarms 800xA (Compact HMI 5.1)
Greetings to All!
Being new to these systems i face the following problems:
1. I read 800xA 5.1 Configuration manual & followed the steps for Audible Alarm Configuration. I have checked many times. I have done same as said in the manual. Still whenever i recieve new Alarm in my Process Alarm List i dont get the Audible sound. Please help how i can solve this issue.
2. I have one AC500 PM573-ETH controller from which two plants run individually from one node of CHMI but from different pages. I am trying hard to configure seperate Alarm list for both the plants but I am un-successful. Whatever setting i do, Alarms from all objects from both the plants are shown in the list. In control structure all objects have been declared together for both the plants with different names.
3. The Alarms should not dissapear with acknowledge. They should stay in the list. But they dissapear with acknowledge. How to do such setting.
4. I need daily Alarm Report to be generated seperately & then stored for one month & then delete afterwards. I am new so please help in generating daily Alarm Reports.
---I will be really grateful if anybody can answer all the above four questions so that i can solve the above issues. I face lot of pressure from client side as im at site. Please help.
Voted best answer
1. Check the following things
a. Whether you are able to play the sound file linked for audible alarm using media player?
b. Sound type is selected to continuous / momentary
c. Sound file is linked for the priority of your alarm. There are 32 possible priorities, cross check the priority of your alarm
d. What OS are you using? Windows server OS does not natively support sound.
2. In CHMI I assume you are generating alarms using Alarm and Event Configuration aspect. In your case you have to properly structure the objects in control structure for the two plants. Then create the alarm list at each plant level. In config view of the alarm list select "Object and Descendants". This is the simplest way, however there are many other possible ways using filters.
3. You can use event list in which all alarms active/inactive, acknowledged/unacknowledged will be visible.
4. Using data direct it is possible to export the events to an excel report. The same can be scheduled using scheduling structure.
build different areas and link there only the objects you want to have in your lists (insert object)
in your area alarm list you will get only alarms from these objects under your area
the same is true for events
it is simple but have you checked that your machine generate sound (play something in mediaplayer)
the workplace must be up and running!
check that your workplace configuration points to the correkt alarm line and that audible alarm is enabled:
I had issues that from time to time the sound fails and work properly after restart of the client machine.