used memory in system diagnosic shouldnt excced 50%??
Voted best answer
Amount of free memory depends on the size of the applications in the controller. If you have one big application per controller, 50% might be needed to be able to perform an application download.
The Diagram will give a brief picture of the Memory usage in the controller. Salient points are as below:
- An AC800M controller can have RAM from 8-32 MB
- Part is used by Firmware and will always will be required. Example: PM864A has 32MB RAM out od which firmware uses 7812KB and 24956KB is available to the user.
- After that application will use some part of the RAM.
- When an application is downloaded after some change, actually in the controller, the changed application is added into the RAM in addition to therunning application, at that moment, if the memory usage is more than 50% by already running application, download will not be possible.
- The problem could be resolved by having number of small applications and good engineering practices.