Alternative methods for programming an AC450
For those of you well familiar with the AC450 controller, this may perhaps sound somewhat strange: besides FBD programming, are there any alternatives?Particularly thinking of structured text or similar (within an already established FBD program).
This would indeed have been useful (and less spacious) for complex calculations etc.
If I remember correctly from Melsec controllers, there was an empty block in the FBD builder that one could customize e.g. using structured text.
Voted best answer
I think similar topic was discussed here, see Rob's post. There is a licensed package UDPCE for user defined pc elements:
There is an option to move some complex functions to AC800M. AC800M and AC450 may live fine together withing one DCS system.
AC450 logic can be automatically converted. Efficiency of conversion is about 90%. Remaining 10% of conversion must be done manually.