IP Address for redundant controller
I need to set IP address on PM891 controller along with the redundant controller.CAn some one please suggest the correct method to do so. I have a confusion on how to set the IP on redundant controller. Do i need to set the SaME IP ADDRESS on both the controllers (Primary & Redundant) separately by disconnecting the RCU link cable.
Voted best answer
I just want to add the following shortcuts
1) Backup Controller Ethernet interface is disabled in factory default.
2) You must use the IPConfig.exe tool and a serial cable (=physical access is required) to enable the Backup Interface in the primary controller (the setting is transferred to backup CPU via RCU cable). Power down backup CPU while making this setting in primary.
3) If possible, use Default Rule (backup IP=primary IP+0.0.2.0)
4) Once activated, subsequent change of IP can be made via downloading a new setting to Eth1 and Eth2. Let System Identity point to old IP.
5) Perform controller reset to implement change. I believe Change Primary will work too.
6) Update System Identity to new IP.