Compact HMI Reports in Excel
I am new to Compact HMI 5.1 reporting.
The ABBDataDirect in Excel shows only in 'ADMIN' user. It does not show in Excel while I am logged in through user 'SYSADMIN' or 'APPENGG'.
I have a manual which shows how to add ABBDataDirect Add-in to Excel. When i browse, nothing shows as ABBDataDirect in both the users. While it shows in my default user, i.e. 'ADMIN'.
I don't know where the reports will show. But if i talk in general, the reports should be generated in 'OPERATOR' user. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Please i will be grateful if anybody could guide me on this & let me know how, where & when can reports be generated. I read the manual but I'm unable to generate reports.
Apart from the user which is used for installing for that datadirect will be added automatically & for the other user for which you want make report for that user u have to add data direct manually.
So for that u have to perform the following by default path is invisible so you have select the "show hidden files,folders and folders" this can be done through
open the c:/drive menu bar "tools-folder options-view-show hidden files & folders here you select the "show hidden files,folders and folders" option.
then follow the following:
1. Launch Microsoft Excel.
2. Click the Office button in the upper left corner.
3. Select Excel Options from the bottom of the menu.
4. Select Add-ins from the pane on the left
5. Click the Go button in the right pane.
6.Click the Browse button, and use the Windows file chooser dialog to find and
select the ABBDataDirect.xla file located in:“C:\ProgramData\ABB\IM\DataDirect\Bin\”.
And ensure the following :
1. Click the Office button of an Excel worksheet.
2. Select Excel Options > Trust Centre.
3. Click Trust Centre Settings....
4. Click Macro Settings in the Trust Center dialog.
5. Select Disable All macros except digitally signed macros option in the Trust
6. Click OK in the Trust Center dialog.
7. Click OK in the Excel Options dialog.
Please refer the manual from page 57 onwards