Thanks in advance ... Our Problem is that we have a big application in one of our controlers and we need to slpit this application - if it's possible - to at lest two or more applications.
Our systeme is based in ABB 800xa version 5.0 and the probleme is that when we try to download any modification we had made in our application, it takes a lot of time for this operation -downloading in our case- to complete. at the same time our trend ( graphique courbs ) start to full down to zero value which create us a lot of process probleme.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Voted best answer
You can split the application easily but you have to keep the following things in mind.
1.Try to take all Close loops/interlocks in one application with deffrent scan
2.Try to take all analog open loops in one application with deffrent scan
3.Try to take all digital open loops in one application with deffrent scan
So that you can avoid many communication variables/mms communication between the applications.
You create the application type as required generally AI_Open,Closeloops,DI_Open etc.
Now you insert the libraries for each application corresponding to function block/control modules.
Now go to control str-parent application from where you want to split the application
from there you follow the following steps to avoid graphic re-work.
1.You have to perform this activity in Engineering workplace only.
2.Keep the control builder open in the
3.Keep all the close loops if any in the same application.
4.Drag & drop the analog open loops to new application(ex:AI_Open) one by one so dragging & droping the objects will keep the graphic ref. so NO need to change the graphic again but here, after dragging & dropping the objects to new application objects will show error in CBM(new applcication since no parameters/variables are not connected) so you have to cut the parameters/variables correpsonding to the objects from parent applications to new applicaiton/program.
5.Connect the new applications to the respective controller hardware(through connect applications)
6.Refresh the project, you will get an error on the hardware channels for the signals/parameters which are not connected to the old application so go to respective channel through the message line the control builder & change the path of the new application/program.Perform this for all analog open loops which you were moved the objects from old to new application.
7.Define a new task & connect to the new applications.
8.Perform the same step from step 4 to step7 fro digital open loops.
9. Ensure "NONE" should be selected in controller hardware settings "Copy unconnected channels" else it won't allow you download, If signal path has changed from old to new this one i found not working in 5.0 & else if "NONE" not selected you will face sometimes DO chattering. So in plant operation condition always select it as "NONE" Only
10.Download the application & perform the name uploader for the new apllications.
Working on it, i will try this and give you a feedback.
If I really understand your answer , my steps will be like this:
- 1 - I should located any signal (DI,AI) related to a loop and keep them at the same application.
(what about logique group or sequence consummer).
- 2 - Open the CBM at the same time with Plant Explorer
- 3 - Creat second application (Working on Plant Explorer)
- 4 - Start to Drag & drop loops and Sequence that will be at the same application from parent applications to new applicaiton (I don't know how this will keep the graphic refrence the same).
- 5 - Cut the parameters/variables correpsonding to the objects from parent applications to new applicaiton.
- 6 - Connect the new applications to the respective controller hardware(through connect applications)
- 7 - Change the path of connected Variables on hardware channels to the new application path
- 8 - Define a new task & connect to the new applications.
- 9 - Ensure "NONE" should be selected in controller hardware settings.
- 10 - Start a check to application and hardware settings to ensure tha everythings ok
- 10 - Download the application & perform the name uploader for the new apllications.
Thank again for your answer.