FSD-tool and moving coldretain values / AC800M
Before I have many times moved with success cold retain values from a development system to an onsite system. But now, Im using the following method (that I though was the same as before) and I’m not successful unfortunately:
I go to a machine I have tried both the primary AS and a CS.
1. I paste my myApplication.crv and myApplication.crs cold retain files that I have obtained from the development system locally on the server.
2. I start the Control Builder and load the project, but stay offline.
3. I start the FSD-tool and browse to Control Structure=>Project=>applications=>myApplication and list the files.
4. I replace the two files and choose the same revision and version number as before.
5. I remove the two files (.crs and .crv) that are locally stored on the machine in: C:\ABB Industrial IT Data\Engineer IT Data\Control Builder M Professional\Projects\MyProject on the CS I also removed the OPC save of the files.
6. I then download with cold start of my application.
7. Result is that the init value goes in, instead of my cold retain values.
Does anyone knows how the FSD (file set distribution) picks these files?
What Im I doing wrong in my procedure?
And I know that I can use the BDM-tool for the move...
We R running 800xA 5.1 on 64bit
ABB developer if you an hour to spare please create an cold retain file reader, please! I’ll send you a T-shirt if you do!
I have not used FSD tool before, but while you take afw backup and import again it should transfer your parameters (cold retain files) and programming part ( logic diagram). Also as you mentioned you are downloading with cold start then it should download cold retain values. I am not sure about your step 4 & 5 the replacement of file you are performing....... because the cold retain files not getting pickedup and tahts why initial value get down loaded...