How to add demo license for 800xa
I've received a demo licens from my abb sales contact, but can't add it to my 800xa system that is running under a virtual machine.
Can't find a tool for that. Tried to look under "ABB Industrial IT 800xa" -> "System" ->
"Licensing" , but can only find tool "license Status viewer".
I Have also tried looking in the install DVD for some program for adding license without success.
There is available document 3BSE063078 E (System 800xA Demo System User’s Guide System 800xA 5.1 FP1 Demo Installation Setup and Introduction). Have you checked procedure inside?
There is necessary MAC adress for creating license:
To be able to order an 800xA license you need to know the MAC address (physical address) of the virtual network card . The MAC address is obtained as follows:
1. In the VMware Player, open a Command Prompt . (Start > Run - Enter “cmd”).
2. In the cmd window, enter “ ipconfig /all ”.
3. Write down the displayed physical address.
1. Place the obtained license file on a USB memory.
2. Put the VMware Player in focus and then connect the USB memory to the PC.
3. Copy the license file from the USB memory to your virtual machine opened in the VMwarePlayer. Use the following destination path:
C:\Program Files\ABB Industrial IT\ABBLicense\Licenses.
4. Open License Entry (Start > ABB Industrial IT 800xA > System > Licensing).
5. Select “Load / Replace Licenses ” from the “File” menu and browse for the new license file.
Copy .sla file on vitrual machine in any dir and double-click it.
If you got "Windows can't open this file" message then the "ABB License Entry" program is not properly installed or missing.
"License Entry" program only installing for license server and for standalone installation types. If your virtual machine plays the aspect server role you should install license server on that.
Find installation package in the DVD1\800xA Core Functionalities\Licensing\CLS
P.S. If you are using 800xA 5.1 and planning a single node system you can select CLS "standalone" installation type. License Entry installing for standalone nodes too.