Aspect Server / Domain Restore from acronis backup
Good evening , Please Could you support in the following issue ?
we are thinking to replace Aspect Server/ DC1 and Aspect Server /DC2 because the machines have had some problems , customer is going to buy the same kind of servers ( same model ) then we could do it in lab ,we could do a ghost backup from each node from the current node nowaday then we could restore to the new machines ( same model ), it may be we would have to disconnect or remove the secondary aspect server /dc2 then add it again. Customer is going to stop the plant to do that
What do you think about this procedure ?
Thanks for your support
From your question, I uderstood that, this replacement will be a offline job. That means customer will shut down the plant for this replacement.
If you are going to get the same servers as existing, then you can take the acronis/ghost/image back-up and load the same in new server machines.
However i suggest you the following:
1. If you will be having some time to make the new servers ready, You can take the existing AS/DC1 server maintenance back-up and configure the new server machine as DC1 and Apect Sever. Add redudant DC/AS to new server machine. Once DC is configured and 800xA is installed, load the maintenance back-up on DC1/AS.
The advantages of above would be that, if you have any prolem with Domain Sever configuration in existing severs, those can be avoided. Since you menstioned that, there are some problems with existing servers.
2. If you are sure that, there are no issued with existing DC/AS configuration issues, then you can load the acronis/ghost/image back-up of existing DC1/AS in new server machine. Once the back-up is loaded, add new server machine as redundant DC2/AS.
In both the cases above don't load the back-up in to DC2/AS. You can use new server machine and join this machine as redundant domain controller/AS to DC1/AS (prepared from one of the options above).
Hope this helps you choose the most applicable procedure to the plant.
Yes,You can restore.
But before doing, perform following task.
1) In your DC1/DC2, perform "dcdiag" task in command prompt.
It takes some time and shows Domain controller status. If any errors please fix it.
This itself solves your server issues related to machines. If still problem persists,then do restoring activity.
2) Once this above mentioned task performed, take image backup once.
3) Restore back up with same model. Dont change any system name after restoring, Because internally in 800XA lots of places system name is registered. If you change in some places then again domain related issues will come.
4) Once restored, shut down your system and connect this newly restored once.Some synchronisation issues will come. So restart systems individually primary/secondary. Once synchronisation happened, repeat for another server.
Yes, this can be done.
Before taking the backup make sure the domain is replicating with each other and aspect directory is also synchronized.
Once the above step is done, take the backup of secondary server DC2 and restore in the new machine. Disconnect the Old secondary machine DC2 from the network.
Take the backup of Primary server DC1 and restore in the new machine.
Verify the domain replication and AD synchronization.