Network connection lost
I'm having some strange problems with 800xA and it's system messages, i keep on getting the following messages: (Approx once a month on all the machines, not at the same time)
- Network connection to xxxx Lost
- Primary connection to xxxx Lost
- Seconday connection to xxxx Lost
The only 'problem' is that the machine's are up and running and neither of them has been down. I already checked the switching device logging and there are also no link up/down messages responding to these errors.
My question is, where and how are these alarms generated?
There could be various reasons for getting these system events. Following checks could be carried out to resolve the issue:
- No loose Network connects with either on Switch Side ot Node Side.
- Link Speed on Switch Side and Node Side should be same. Meaning if its manageable switch, then it should be Auto on both side or 100MBps Full Duplex on both sides.
- Receive Side scaling is disavled on Node NIC.
Hope this will help you.