How to set IP Address to AC 700F particularly PM 783F, HW A3?
There is a special handling needed to set the IP address of the AC 700F...
PM 783 F, HW A3, IP address can’t be set with standard handling and gets stuck at state reboot.
(See also other topic called 'AC 700F LCD display states' in same category)
1. Set IP address in normal way- in REBOOT the module can be pinged
2. With Freelance Configure Tool do the 'Boot EPROM download' with option 'renew Boot Software'
3. After several minutes the connection will be displayed as interrupted. The download has to be canceled
4. Repeat step one
5. Again with Freelance Configure Tool do the 'Boot EPROM download’ without option 'renew Boot Software'. (Checkbox unchecked)
6. Controller accepts IP address and displays 'NO KONF Status'.
the typical case to change IP address is as follows:
1. Switch off power supply
2. press and hold CFG key on the AC 700F CPU
3. Switch on power supply
4. Wait untill you see ipaddr on the display
5. unhold CFG key and press OK key once
6. you will see a number from 1 to 64
7. by pressing arrow up or down chose the desired number between 1 and 64 - let say 7
8. press OK
9. press up or down button to see save on the screen
10 press OK
Now your CPU has a new IP number that is 172.16.1.7
if you wish to change to a different IP like 10.1.1.7 or 192.168.1.7 you need to use diagnostic cable (this is valid for ALL Freelance controllers like AC 800F or DCP10)
AC 800F has rotating switch inside the ethernet card for standard IP addresses like 172.16.1.7