800xA 6.0.3 Node Installation Issue - “The system cannot find the file specified”
We are working on 800xA 6.0.3 upgrade. We got installation issue at the preparation step for 3 nodes on 10. So, 7 nodes were installed properly.
For the three failed nodes, we get this message in red in the preparation tool (look attached pictures):
“The system cannot find the file specified”
- PC’s were already part of the 800xA domain
-After setting up PC’s as per Appendix A and adding the 800xaInstall and the 800xAservice accounts to the local Administrators group the PC’s were restarted
- Node prep tool was run locally from the root of C:
- Note the file size of the Media folder in the Node Settings window is 4.94GB in all three PC’s where the tool failed. The other 7 where we had a successful install of the PC Tool the file size was 2.94 GB
- We used the same install files for all 10 PC’s
- The installer was successful on seven and failed on three.
Thanks for your ideas and help!
In every PC there is a .NPS file which gives the details about that paricular node. Before upgrade u must ensure this .NPS file is availabl ein each node. Unfortunately beacuse of some internal bug it is not avaialble in all xA nodes. So copy this file from a similar node and edit (if anyhting needed specific for this node )and re-run it. It must solve the issue.
PFA the procedure we have prepared for node upgrade for 6.0.2 machine. Please refer to point 12 which talks about your case. Hope it helps you.
This will also happen if 2 registry Keys are missing from Windows 10 nodes.
Fo rsome reason these can go missing. You can manually add them back. If thes ear emissing you will get this error.
You should log a case. Tech Support is aware of this issue.