800xA 6.0.3 RU3 Windows 8.1 64bit Client addition at Live Plant which has already 800xA Servers/Clients(6.0.3 RU3)
I have a requirement from Customer to install a new Operator Client System (800xA Version 6.0.3 RU3 with Windows 8.1 pro 64bit) and also as mentioned in the Subject Currently plant is already commissioned with 800xA 6.0.3 RU3 System.
I have planned following Procedures todo the same but got differrent issues,please see the procedures followed:
1) Prepared new OWS System with all necessary 800xA Pre-requisities,and bought the System to Workgroup to Domain Environment.
2) Installed Node Preparation Tool (NPT) of 800xA 6.0.3(Full Media) and NPT was done succesfully with all basic 800xA installed viz(RNRP, System Installer Agent 6.0.3,Base 6.0.3 etc)
3) After above Step,when i opened SCC>Configure System to add the new OWS Node and prepare for Deploying , found that newly added node was in "Invalid" State with message for Base/PLC Conmnect has different Software version in media Repository compared to the Expected Version(As Expected Version has 6.0.3 with Rollup3)
4) So for the above error, I tried to copy the media repository content from another OWS which has full 6.0.3 RU3 Software Content and tired to replace with the existing one in Program Data>ABB>Media Repository and then found that Warning (Invalid )State is removed for that new OWS Node and deploy was Succesfull.
But after this , when I checked the Add & Remove Programs ,still my 800xA Base Version shows 6.0.3300.244(only 6.0.3 Base) instead of 6.0.3300.256(Base with 6.0.3 RU3)
5) So again I tried to put Acronis which was having OS Level and ranned the NPT of 6.0.3 then again 6.0.3 RU3 Base and performed the above 4 Steps,but still my Base was with 6.0.3300.244 but not with 6.0.3300.256.
6) Finally tried last option, with new Acronis again installed 800xA 6.0.3 NPT, then perfomed manual installation of 6.0.3 Base RU3 (.MSI File) which was in Core Functionalities>PPA and found Base build was changed with 6.0.3300.256(Base RU3).
And performed copying of Media Repository from old OWS System(which has 6.0.3 RU3) to avoiad Invalid State in SCC and then deployed succesfully.
But still,found that System was not up and Workplace is not showing any details.
So please anybody suggest if anyother option to try and get the new OWS ready with latest version as I have for other Servers & Client System.
Thanks in Advance!.
First, proper way (i.e. if you follow the manual) would have been, on the "empty" node with no 800xA installed, when you start Node Preparation Tool (NPT), to select "Node Options" and in the Field "Specify path that contains one or more additional media", select the Folder where you have stored 800xA Base RU3 Media.
In your case, on the node where you manually installed 800xA Base, try to run Configuration Wizard - System Software User Settings - Fill all Fields and Next/Finish to apply. This should get you a working Node.