Upgrade Master Controller AC450 -AC410 / Control Builder A
Hi Stephan , Please could you support in the following questions?
1 - we have not gotten the procedures to upgrade the control builder to control builder A 1.4/1 , it should be a procedure like tools , utility but we have tried to get the information from ABB documentation but it is not showed like others documents. Do you know the catalog number
2 -We have been reading about upgrade de controller , according to the document 3BSE088091 , it mentions the procedure step by step
But we have some concerns about it : In manual 3BSE 002 417R601 AMPL Configuration Advant Controller400 Series states the following :
Only the total backup (DUAP) can contain the data of the User Disk Application
Segments (see Section 7.3, Total Backup) that are needed to handle the Advant
Controller 400 Series with the engineering station and to reidentify Type Circuits
from Function Chart Builder (see Section 7.2.2, USER Volume). No other dump
types - except source code - contain the complete User Disk Application
But in another paragraph , it states :
The source code dumps contain all important data of the control application, but
not the Type Circuit concerning files *.TC, *.TB and *.TI of Function Chart
Builder.Accoding to it , we do not need them when we do the translate command TRDBS, TRPCS to the controller , Is that correct ? Thanks for your support Best Regards Ricardo
I've not found a "procedure" for upgrading Control Builder to 1.4/1 But honestly, if you are familiar with FCB then there isnt much to it.
- Type Circuit Handling typically is a bit of a mess and doesn't survive much past the original project commissioning. If your project somehow still has type circuits and up to date code in FCB then (1) Congratulations :) and (2) Follow the standard procedures for source code handling with Type Circuits. You can Generate Source Code from the Old Version of FCB and Backtranslate it into the new version of FCB.
- If you have both the old and the new versions of FCB installed on your engineering PC you may be able to right Click on the node and update FCB data instead of using source code handling.
- The User Disk contains only PC Program comments and symbol names. ie Documentation. It does not contain any source code.
- The DUAP contains a backup copy of whatever USER Disk Segments were stored in the controller when the dump was taken. Remember that the AC450 contains a BACKUP of the User Disk. The Actual user disk segments are on the programming PC.
- USER Disk segments are not backwards compatible. After you've upgraded and made any form of change to the User Disk, you cannot go back
- Type Circuits are not used in the controller. When you generate source to load into the Controller, the TC's are expanded into their internal source code.
- If I recall correctly, The User disk contains enough information in the PC Program Comments to re-construct where the Type Circuits were originally used in the source code. However, if anything at all has touched the PC program comments then FCB may not be able to recreate source code using TC's. But it doesnt matter - you have the complete source code.
Remember, FCB is NOT the master for programming the AC450 - Only the AMPL code running in the controller should be considered authoratative. This is typically why the TC's get expanded and blown away during or shortly after commissioning. TC's are great for building lots of repetetive code - theyre a complete PITA once that code is commissioned and handed over to a customer.
This is a very easy upgrade as the old and the new engineering tool are totally independent from each other.
Just make sure that you have DUAP & source code backups from all controllers.
You can start from scratch in paralell with the new CBA 1.4/1 and create a new project and new nodes with correct node numbers and description.
Then you take your new DUAP and new DB and PC source code backups from each node.
After that you make backtranslate of the DB and PC source code to get the data into the Function Chart Builder.
After an upgrade of the enginnering tool you always have to do initialize of resp, node and backtranslate DB and PC source code into FCB to get new Function Chart Diagrams and create FCB data.
You may also reuse the old project folder structure if you like.
Then you copy the file C:\Proj\projroot.ini from the old tool to the new.
Make sure that the number of prijects and project names match the names of the actual project in the Proj folder.
In case you have customized header and footers for documentation in the old tool, they have to be copied from C:\Proj\XXXX\foot001.tpx to the same location in the new tool.
In case you have useds FCB Type Circuits in the old tool, they have to be copied from the old Nodes structure, from folder TCDATA i.e C:\Proj\XXXXX\NODES\XXXX\TCDATA.
In case you have user defined PC elements on non BU CT SSW option libraries you have to copy the files under C:\PC_LIB. *.TED and *.PED files to the same location in the new CBA 1.4/1 tool.
Best Regards Jan-Erik Rask, ABB Control Techniologies