Repeatitive fault of Profibus CI541 card in AC450
Would like to inform you that,In our HSPM in HOT MILL,we have 4 numbers of RMC PLC’s called node No’s 11,12,13 and 14 and net number is 11.
14 No PLC is accommodated with one no of CS513 card and 3 No’s of CI541 Profibus cards (PB3,PB4 and PB5). Frequently we facing problem with one profibus card PB3 is going suddenly to fault mode and giving red indication on the card and this card is connected to various LPT’s series in the field (LPT means Linear Position Transducer). It happens on every once in a 15 days average and yesterday it was happened two times.
it becomes Ok by resetting the PB3 as per ABB procedure from database. But observed sometimes after resetting PB3 card, other nodes are getting affecting especially node no 11 and also observed 1 month back after resetting the PB3 card, All other PLC’s gone to “0B” mode and even after resetting the PLC’s remains in the same mode. Then we loaded the program in to all PLC's and make line stable.
We have changed the profibus card recently even though no improvement and giving same fault on the card suddenly while running.
Before going card to fault mode,observed symptoms in the IBA that, suddenly all LPT values are getting high (SPIKES) for a second all at the same time and those spikes are repeated over period of certain time and card going to fault mode.
Our observation that in the node no.14, when we goes to system message log in the online builder and clicked view details on any log, it was showing message as per attached file on all logs .
So requesting you to give suggestion for the below points
1. what needs to be check from this details shown in in the attachment which are appearing in details of message logs
2. Reasons of Profibus card fault repeatedly
3. Why others PLC’s are affecting some times when resetting PB3 card and why not some times
4. Is there diagnostic tools to check the healthiness of profibus like loose connections, cable healthiness and connectors healthiness
5. Please provide all the diagnostic codes of ABB for the profibus master and slaves data base
6. Sometimes profibus card not shows faulty physically and particular LPT shows faulty in the field, Then even if reset in the LPT, fault will not go. Then when we reset from the PB3 database then fault will go off in the LPT. Please give us reason behind this
Please give the solutions from your side to kill the issue at the earliest.
Voted best answer
The Procentec profibus analyzer is invaluable for finding bus faults .... https://procentec.com/products/profit...
Increased numbers of faults and errors on the bus may indeed cause the CI541 to be come less reliable.
Unfortunately, this card has a reputation for being un-reliable especially in older versions of firmware. Hopefully you are on a recent release of the AC450 and CI541 firmware.