How to create Trend Server?
I am using CBF 10.1.
I dont see any variables while defining user defined trends, the list is empty. I assue that I need to install a trend server, but I am not sure how to do this.
1. Install trendserver option from connectivity package from setup, select modify option in install shield. Pls install trend server on separate PC or now in V2013 you can install trend server on PC where OPC server is installed.
2. after installation configure window popup appears, set trend server resource ID there.
3. restart machine.
4. add trend gateway in hw/project tree with same resource id set in step 2.
5. Configure OPC tunnel for DA server for same resource id set in step2&4
6. From system tray (can be called from al program/ABB Industrial IT/Freelance/OPC tunnel/system tray) start server.
7. browse OPC item list and refresh once the variable will get populated in that list.
8. Assign variable and then use it in digivis for user defined trend.
I hope didn't miss anything. But I recommend to take local abb experts support or atleast go through getting started manual or related manual to setup trend server.
Hope this helps