Smart Client, Unable to Connect Server!
I have redundant 800xA system. Smart Client Server and Data Provider is on my primary PRIASCS server. I try to access Smart Client from my secondary server SECASCS, it downloads the software package and opens it, but I have this error message, "Unable to connect server! Do you want to reconnect?"
Every server related to Smart Client is running and green on my primary server. How can I get around this error? What could be cause of this?
I didnt try to connect to SC from another computer as some permissions needed from IT department of company, it takes a bit long time.
Voted best answer
1. If it is firewall protected, then it may be a problem to launch from other node.
2. Smart Client uses 19131 port for all inbound & outbound connections.
3. If it is windows firewall, add the port 19131 for both inbound & outbound in SC Server Node.
4. This should solve the problem.
1. Are you able to ping SC Server IP address from your Secondery server SECASCS ? Try pinging with IP address & with system name and see if there are n/w issues.
1. Clear cache of Smart Client in Secondary server.
2. You can find the cache from c:\users\<currently logged in user>\AppData\Local\ABB Smart Client.
c:\users\<currently logged in user>\AppData\Local\Apps
Delete both the folders
3. Try launching Smart Client again.
Please let me know if it solves the issue.
"Unable to connect the SC Server"
Message is very clear, there is no communication between SC Server & SC Dataprovider node.
Open "Program Supervision Manager" on your SC Server machine. If all communication is fine, then you would see all 3 services will be running (Green).
On SC server machine > Open "Status Display" and click on Data Provider Tab on the Right hand side. If communication between SC server & SC DP is oaky then all connected Dataproviders will displayed on the empty area.
Here you can see a port number details 19131. This is the port number resposible to communicate between SC server & SC DP. If not communication, just add TCP Port 19131 port in Inbound windows firewall on the Dataprovider node and then recheck both option 1 & 2.