Smart Client, "Data Provider not Available" on Property Browser
On Smart Client , I can't see objects through Property Browser. In property browser, in control structre, I click and expand my control project, then I click to my application, then everything disappears on the property browser. On the tab where system name is written, it changes to "No system" from my system name. And on the status bar below, "Data provider available" changes to "Data provider not available".
Then I close the property browser windows, after a while connection status goes back to normal.
I have no problem with accessing graphics using graphics browser, even to the graphics in the control structre.
Btw, I use PM851 in my control builder project. And all the services related to Smart Client are green.
Voted best answer
One possible reason could be the object you are browsing has some aspects or properties with special characters which are not recongnised by Property Browser so it is restarting itself.
Other reason could be --- there might be a Log Configuration aspect which is not the correct one. Could you please check the Consistency of that particular object in 800xA and see if it is all OK ? [ You can use consistency checker ]
You can enable Trace 3 for BRW800xA data provider and collect the logs. This will help to identify the root cause.
Follow the below procedure to set trace 3 for BRW800xA data provider:
The below steps to be performed only in SC Data Provider node.
1. Launch Program Supervision Manager from Start -> Programs -> ABB Smart Client -> Program Supervision Manager.
2. There will be a program running with the name BRW800xA ( green status )
3. Right click and stop.
4. Now it should turn to Red color.
5. Double click on BRW800xA and it will be another dialog. Go to Program tab.
6. There is a field for command line arguments. It looks like below.
-server <serverName> -port 19131 -name <current System Name>800XABROWSER -alivetimeout 60
7. Add "-trace 3" at the end like below.
-server <serverName> -port 19131 -name <current System Name>800XABROWSER -alivetimeout 60 -trace 3
8. Right click and start the Data Provider.
9. Now do the same operation you have performed before. Like browsing to Control Structure-> and some object.
10. Logs can be collected from c:\abblogs\PpcDp800xABrowser.
These logs will help to diagnose the problem.